Collaborate with others to offer innovative methods of differentiating the Company’s products from others on the market. Create models and prototypes, handle calculations required for manufacturing specifications, be in charge of testing products to ensure the highest standards of safety and quality are met
About this Position
|JOB TYPE: Permanent|
|LOCATION: Randburg, Johannesburg|
|SALARY: Market Related|
|DATE POSTED: 24 July 2019|
|DESIGNATION: Embedded Firmware Engineer||REPORTS TO: Electronic Engineering Manager|
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Can work in a team but is also able to run projects independently
Technical and Specialist Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in embedded development.
- Experience in the design and implementation of embedded firmware applications.
- Very good knowledge of the C programming language.
- Comfortable with hardware level drivers including SPI, ADC, I2C and UART.
- Good problem solving skills and logical thinking a must.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Worked with source code management and configuration tools.
- Familiar with the use of oscilloscopes, power supplies and analysers.
- Working knowledge of C++, C#, Python and/or Delphi languages advantageous.
- Experience with Atmel, ST and TI chipsets is a plus.
- Experience with Bluetooth technologies is a plus.
- B.Eng Electronic Engineering degree or Bsc computer science
If you believe that you fit the criteria above and would like to apply for the role, please use the APPLY button below and remember to include a detailed CV. Alternatively send your detailed CV and Cover Letter telling us what makes you ideal for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we endeavour to respond to all applicants, this is not always possible. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider that you might not have been successful in your application for this role