We’re looking for a multi-talented Mechanical Engineer with creative ability and technical understanding to join our team of engineers. You’ll work closely with other engineers, from different fields, to create design concepts and turn them into fully functioning products. Our product portfolio is diverse serving industries such as mining, communications and commercial industries, so we’re not expecting you to know everything. We are looking for a candidate with the right attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with us.
About this Position
|JOB TYPE: Permanent|
|LOCATION: Randburg, Johannesburg|
|SALARY: Market Related|
|DATE POSTED: 24 July 2019|
|DESIGNATION: Mechanical Design Engineer||REPORTS TO: Mechanical Engineering Manager|
- Work with clients to understand and define problems and well-rounded design skills to create and present solutions that meet our customers functional and business goals.
- Work with project stakeholders to refine concepts and use your sense of design and understanding of materials and processes to maintain design intent.
- Create technical drawings to communicate the design to manufacturers.
- Get hands on and help assemble, review and validate prototype designs.
- Use your strong communication skills to be a responsive team player who can confidently present your design solutions to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Provide supporting documentation on designed products.
- On site product support and assistance is required from time to time.
- We’re client driven, so you’ll need to deliver great results in (sometimes) tight timelines.
Technical and Specialist Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Roughly 2-5 years of design related experience
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks (or transferable skills from a similar CAD package) for modelling and producing technical drawings for manufacturing.
- Project management experience
- Basic electronics understanding and computer programming
- B.Eng/B.Sc Mechanical Engineering
If you believe that you fit the criteria above and would like to apply for the role, please use the APPLY button below and remember to include a detailed CV. Alternatively send your detailed CV and Cover Letter telling us what makes you ideal for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we endeavour to respond to all applicants, this is not always possible. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider that you might not have been successful in your application for this role