This role will be to ensure all products are consistently manufactured to specification, implementing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with both customer and product specifications. To create, control and continuously improve all manufacturing processes, through the generation of assembly instructions, process flows, control plans and FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis). The successful candidate will be responsible for process efficiency and optimisation, cycle time analyses and reduction, the development and execution of process improvement plans and activities.
About this Position
|JOB TYPE: Permanent|
|LOCATION: Randburg , Johannesburg|
|SALARY: Market Related|
|DATE POSTED: 02 September 2019|
|DESIGNATION: Production Engineer||REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager|
- Plan and deliver Engineering changes to existing products.
- Identify and manage the appropriate level of activities for the efficient introduction of product changes relative to the size and nature of desired change, ensuring appropriate tests have been carried out to verify the change.
- Management of product BOM’s in all company systems, this includes both project systems and production systems.
- Product and component feasibility analysis, covering all aspects of change, including mechanical component and electronic circuit board drawing reviews, software integration, product performance evaluations and safety and reliability.
- Cover all aspects of production readiness including assembly reviews, rest reviews, assembly work instructions etc.
- Co-ordinate software/firmware releases to production and ensure all parties understand and adhere to specified requirements before equipment is dispatched to any customer.
- Develop and roll out focused implementation plans for new product introduction to ensure smooth handover to production, with all necessary documentation, ensuring good manufacturing practices can be maintained or improved.
- Prepare product technical description documents and certificates of conformance.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and manufacturing processes.
- Specification, commissioning and validation of production equipment, tools and processes.
- Design of Test Jigs to improve product reliability and improve production throughput.
Technical & Specialist Skills/Knowledge/Experience Required
- A highly driven, diligent individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of their work.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail and a persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Must be able to analyse manufacturing costs, identifying key underlying issues (process efficiency yield etc.) and develop cost effective short-term and long-term solutions to problems.
- Be familiar with manufacturing industry quality requirements, ISO9001, and Advanced Product Quality Planning techniques. Understanding of PFMEA, 8D and other formal improvement tools is desirable.
- Previous experience in new product introduction through the design and development phases prior to transfer to manufacture.
- Knowledge and practical experience of working within a lean manufacturing environment desirable.
- Design experience in Altium Designer.
- Degree or Diploma in Electronic Engineering
If you believe that you fit the criteria above and would like to apply for the role, please use the APPLY button below and remember to include a detailed CV. Alternatively send your detailed CV and Cover Letter telling us what makes you ideal for this position to email@example.com. Although we endeavour to respond to all applicants, this is not always possible. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider that you might not have been successful in your application for this role