We are looking for Field Application Engineers qualified in Electronic Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering with experience in Electronic Components and Trackless Mining Equipment and relevant and demonstrable technical support service experience in a similar field for a period of not less than 2 years. Providing a high level of customer satisfaction through the effective delivery of technical support that may include product performance and/or maintenance, product installation, site planning, and professional services.
|COMPANY: Nerospec OSCON|
|JOB TYPE: Permanent|
|LOCATION: Randburg, Gauteng|
|SALARY: Market Related|
|DATE POSTED: 21 October 2019|
|DESIGNATION: Field Application Engineer||REPORTS TO: CEO|
- The role encompasses providing the first line of on-site field system support to customers and field personnel, on-site at customers or remotely.
- Serves as a customer-facing-technical-resource and works in collaboration with engineers and other senior staff as needed to provide effective end-user support and issue resolution.
- Uses system analysis techniques to respond to the complex application issues for end-users.
- Identifies problems and coordinates appropriate corrective action.
- Identifies and minimizes potential risks.
- Consults with customers and end-users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Collects detailed information, performs a thorough analysis and relies on experience and judgment to determine the most effective method of resolution.
- Escalates problems to other departments as needed.
- Prioritizes and implements approved system modifications, programs and other such requests of medium to high complexity.
- May serve as a project team member on project implementations; independently completing assigned tasks of low to medium complexity resulting in successful, on time and on budget projects.
- May supervise and train less experienced staff or project team.
- Prepares activity reports on support activities.
- Provide value as a team member in cross-functional implementations while demonstrating effective interpersonal skills resulting in successful systems implementation and support.
- Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen the team’s performance
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends of both industry technologies as well as the specific products and solutions manufactured by the company.
- May provide on-call support coverage via on-call rotation schedule as needed
- Carries out research to discover potential problems and develops solutions for the same
- Ensures the readiness of equipment and infrastructure available on operational sites
- Helps in the installation process of new and existing technologies interpreting the requirements specified by the research/engineering team and applying them correctly to the customers’ requirements
- Test equipment which is already installed to ensure compliance and serviceability.
- Maintains reports and communicates them to the senior and concerned employees of the company and to the customer
Technical and Specialist Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering Degree
- Experience on Trackless Mining Machinery
- Skilled at managing technical work in the field with little supervision
- Ability to work in adverse settings and climatic conditions
- Ability to diagnose problems with existing equipment
- Ability to interpret technical issues through the non-technical description provided by customers/technicians
- Exceptional customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving complex problems.
- Ability to communicate fluently and professionally in writing and verbally with customers
- Enthusiastic, passionate, patient, creative and should be a critical thinker
- Should possess good logical skills and the ability to prioritize tasks depending on the situations
- Relevant and demonstrable technical support service experience in a similar field for a period of not less than 2 years.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
If you believe that you fit the criteria above and would like to apply for the role, please use the APPLY button below and remember to include a detailed CV. Alternatively send your detailed CV and Cover Letter telling us what makes you ideal for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we endeavour to respond to all applicants, this is not always possible. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider that you might not have been successful in your application for this role